The ENSEMBLE consortium will implement and demonstrate multi-brand truck platooning on European roads over the next three years. This paves the way for the adoption of multi-brand truck platooning in Europe that will improve fuel economy, CO2 emissions, traffic capacity and throughput for the road freight sector.
Truck platooning has a great potential to improve road safety, reduce emissions and increase transport efficiency. Significant advances in platooning technology have been made in the last decade, but to achieve the next step towards deployment of truck platooning, an integral multi-brand approach is required.
- Cross-Platform Simulation Architecture with application to truck platooning impact assessment
- Calibration and impact of control strategies for splitting trucks at on-ramps
- On the design of cooperative maneuvers for CAV in traffic flow
- A Hierarchical Approach For Splitting Truck Platoons Near Network Discontinuities
- Hierarchical multi-injection strategy and platoon manoeuvres at network junctions